FULL-TIME POSITION WITH BENEFITS
Southwest Human Resource Agency (SWHRA) is currently accepting applications for an Accountant. SWHRA serves eight counties in the West Tennessee region. SWHRA is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, promoting self-sufficiency and alleviating the effects of poverty.
Position Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of standard accounting practices and procedures pertaining to accounts payable, accounts receivable, internal controls, cost accounting, and financial analysis; knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance pertaining to the financial reporting requirements for non-profit agencies; working knowledge of computer database applications including spreadsheet applications and database management; knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to auditing and disclosure requirements; working knowledge of fixed assets, inventory maintenance, and depreciation and amortization schedules; knowledge of state regulations, grant stipulations and reporting requirements pertaining to non-profit managed programs; supervisory experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent customer service skills. Applicant must also have strong organizational, interpersonal and decision making skills.
Requirement: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or closely related field and considerable experience in corporate accounting and computerized accounting systems; experience monitoring contract provisions and budgets and supervisory experience.
Salary Range $45,000 - $60,000 (based on experience)
Benefits: State Retirement, State of TN Medical insurance, Dental, Vision, Life/LTD, State Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
Work location – Southwest Human Resource Agency Central Office, 1527 White Ave., Henderson, TN
Paper applications may be picked up at 1527 White Avenue, Henderson, TN or at one of the Community Service Centers/American Job Centers located in Chester, Decatur, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Madison, or McNairy Counties. You may also apply online at www.swhra.org, indeed.com and Jobs4TN.gov.
Paper applications may be emailed to: email@example.com, mailed or delivered to Receptionist at P. O. Box 264, Henderson, TN 38340
Applications will be accepted through March 18, 2020.
Southwest Human Resource Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer
► JOB OPENING - RSVP COORDINATOR
This Retired and Senior Volunteer Program Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers. They are also responsible for preparation of funding proposal, public relations and maintenance of program records.
- Providing administrative oversight of RSVP by recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers, monitoring volunteer performance, maintaining work schedules, developing and implementing policies and generating required reports.
- Developing financial resources to support the program by preparing proposals for federal, state, county, town, united Way and other grants. Directs fundraising efforts. Monitors in-kind support. Reviews financial statements and assist in preparing annual budgets.
- Maintaining program quality by planning annual program goals and objectives designed to meet critical community needs while offering opportunities for seniors to maintain their self-esteem and usefulness through service to their community.
- Overseeing program activities, supporting volunteers and volunteer stations, providing leadership, information, and consultation. Mediating concerns or conflicts which may arise within the program.
- Developing positive public relations and communications in the community by providing informational programs to interested groups and organizations. Preparing newsletters and media materials, serving on community boards, councils and committees and hosting volunteer recognition events.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and skills by attending relevant workshops, training, and conferences. Reviews professional materials and literature. Participates in professional organizations.
- Working closely with Advisory Council, soliciting their advice and assistance on matters affecting project operation.
- Performing other project related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or training, work experience managing adults/volunteers 55 years of age and older
- Organizational and management skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision making skills
- Ability to make public presentations
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Windows 10
Applications are available at www.swhra.org
Or you can get a paper application at our central office at:
Southwest Human Resource Agency
1527 White Ave
Henderson, TN 38340
SWHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
► JOB OPENING - RSVP VOLUNTEER RECRUITER
Pay depends on experience.
► JOB OPENING - VAN DRIVERS
Southwest Human Resource Agency’s Office of Public Transportation is seeking drivers in Chester, Decatur, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Madison and McNairy Counties.
- be at least 21 years old
- possess a valid Class D with the “F” Endorsement or CDL Tennessee driver’s license
- pass a DOT physical
- have a clean background check
- pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen.
Pay begins at $9.60/hour plus a robust benefit package.
Applications are available at www.swhra.org.
Please contact the Transportation Department at 800-372-6013 or 731-989-5111.
SWHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
► JOB OPENING - HOMEMAKER PROGRAM
Seeking qualified applicants for Part Time position for the following counties: Chester, Decatur, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Madison and McNairy.
Duties include general housekeeping and providing in-home care for elderly and disabled.
Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, liability automobile insurance.
Background checks will be performed.
Applications are available online @swhra.org or @ Community Service Centers.
Chester Co. CSC 269 N. Church St. Henderson TN 38340
Decatur Co. CSC 2039 Hwy 641 S. Parsons TN 38363
Hardeman Co. CSC 793 Tennessee St. Suite A Bolivar TN 38008
Hardin Co. CSC 885 Pickwick Rd. Savannah TN 38372
Haywood Co. CSC 1149 Tammbell St. Brownsville TN 38012
Henderson Co. CSC 340 Natchez Trace Dr. Suite A Lexington TN 38351
Madison Co. CSC 1124 Whitehall St. Suite 201 A Jackson TN 38301
McNairy Co. CSC 145 South Y Square Selmer TN 38375
MAIL APPLICATIONS TO:
Southwest Human Resource Agency
P.O. Box 264
Henderson, TN 38340 or fax to 731-989-9654
SWHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To provide volunteer opportunities for low income persons, age 55 or older, to create support services for children with special & exceptional needs.
- Men & women must be age 55 or older
- Applicants must meet Federal Income Guidelines.
- Must pass a fingerprint FBI Background check, as well as other criminal background checks.
- Applicants must be physically fit & mentally able to serve at least five days per week.
- Applicants must have a desire to learn about the needs of children served and want to help with a child’s individual growth & development.
- Stipend payment of at least $106.00 every two weeks ($ 2.65 per hr.). This money does not affect any Social Security, SSI, rent or other benefits already received.
- Transportation is provided free of charge.
- Grandparents receive a free hot meal if they work through meal time.
- Insurance is provided during travel and work time.
- Orientation is provided before a Grandparent begins work.
- This is a wonderful opportunity to associate with other seniors and to have children to love and who will love you in return.
The Foster Grandparent Program is funded by the Corporation for National Community Service and Southwest Human Resource Agency.
If you would like more information or would like to apply for the program please call Vivian Kelly at 731-989-5111 Ext. 1145 or toll free 1-800-372-6013.
Where Are We?
The Tennessee General Assembly established Southwest Human Resource Agency (SWHRA) in 1973 as one of nine Human Resource Agencies deemed to be the delivery system for human services throughout the state of Tennessee. SWHRA is a public non-profit agency that serves an eight county region including Chester, Decatur, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, McNairy and Madison counties...read more