Southwest HRA is seeking an At-Risk Monitor/Coordinator. Initially, this position will be seasonal full-time and is expected to transition to a full-time regular position with excellent benefits. The work schedule will vary and will require some site visits after school hours. The applicant selected to fill this position will oversee the At-Risk Meal Program and will be required to travel to multiple sites. Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience handing customer calls in a friendly and professional manner. Applicants must also have bookkeeping skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office and data entry. This position requires a high school diploma, a valid TN Driver’s License and reliable transportation. Entry level pay will begin at $10.25 per hour.
Applications may be picked up at the Central Office located at 1527 White Avenue, Henderson, TN 38340 and mailed to Human Resources, P.O. Box 264, Henderson, TN 38340. Applicants may also apply online at www.swhra.org. Application deadline is April 18, 2019. SWHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
► JOB OPENING - VAN DRIVERS FOR MADISON COUNTY
• Must be age 21 or older.
• Must have a minimum Class D Driver's License with an F endorsement.
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must possess a valid DOT physical card issued by an FTA registered physician.
• Must pass a Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check, a criminal background check and an FTA approved pre-employment drug test.
• Must be clear of all National Offender Registries, such as the Sexual Offender Registry and the Elderly or Disabled Abuse Registry.
• Drivers must be readily accessible by telephone, and be able to report to work on short notice and at odd hours.
• Must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D.
Pay is dependent on qualifications and license type: Range is $9.15-9.50 per hour.
Applications may be picked up at the Madison County Community Service Center at 1124 Whitehall, Jackson, TN 38301 and mailed to Human Resources, P.O. Box 264, Henderson, TN 38340. Applicants may also apply online at www.swhra.org.
SWHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
► JOB OPENING - NUTRITION SITE ASSISTANT
201 West Grand Ave.
Jackson, TN 38301
Nature of Work:
This job involves assisting the site manager with the packing of meals for delivery to home bound clients. Additional activities include assisting site manager with reports and other documentation related to the meals; interacting with volunteers as they come to pick up meals for delivery and assist with loading them into their car as needed, answering phones, delivering meals if necessary, assists with devising maps for volunteers who deliver meals to homebound clients and any other duties assigned by the site manager.
This is a PART-TIME position 8 a.m. - 12 noon Monday - Friday.
Starting pay is $8.00 per hour.
Applications may be picked up at the Central Office located at 1527 White Avenue, Henderson, TN 38340 and mailed to Human Resources, P.O. Box 264, Henderson, TN 38340.
Applications may also be picked up at site location 201 West Grand Ave. Jackson, TN.
Applicants may also apply online at www.swhra.org.
SWHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
► JOB OPENING - HOMEMAKER PROGRAM
SOUTHWEST HUMAN RESOURCE AGENCY IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR PART TIME EMPLOYEES IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES:
CHESTER, DECATUR, FAYETTE, HARDEMAN, HARDIN, HAYWOOD, HENDERSON, LAUDERDALE, MADISON, MCNAIRY AND TIPTON
Job Duties Include: Light housekeeping, shopping, assist with personal care
Qualifications: Experience in basic household cleaning, TN Driver's License and liability automobile insurance
Hours: 20-29 Hours per week
Pay Rate: $8.00 - $10.00 per hour
Background checks and drug screening will be performed.
Applications are available online at: www.swhra.org or may be picked up at any Southest Human Resource Agency Community Service Center
To print off a paper SWHRA employment application click here: SWHRA Job Application
MAIL APPLICATIONS TO:
Southwest Human Resource Agency
P.O. Box 264
Henderson, TN 38340 or fax to 731-989-9654
SWHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To provide volunteer opportunities for low income persons, age 55 or older, to create support services for children with special & exceptional needs.
- Men & women must be age 55 or older
- Applicants must meet Federal Income Guidelines.
- Must pass a fingerprint FBI Background check, as well as other criminal background checks.
- Applicants must be physically fit & mentally able to serve at least five days per week.
- Applicants must have a desire to learn about the needs of children served and want to help with a child’s individual growth & development.
- Stipend payment of at least $106.00 every two weeks ($ 2.65 per hr.). This money does not affect any Social Security, SSI, rent or other benefits already received.
- Transportation is provided free of charge.
- Grandparents receive a free hot meal if they work through meal time.
- Insurance is provided during travel and work time.
- Orientation is provided before a Grandparent begins work.
- This is a wonderful opportunity to associate with other seniors and to have children to love and who will love you in return.
The Foster Grandparent Program is funded by the Corporation for National Community Service and Southwest Human Resource Agency.
If you would like more information or would like to apply for the program please call Vivian Kelly at 731-989-5111 Ext. 1145 or toll free 1-800-372-6013.
Where Are We?
The Tennessee General Assembly established Southwest Human Resource Agency (SWHRA) in 1973 as one of nine Human Resource Agencies deemed to be the delivery system for human services throughout the state of Tennessee. SWHRA is a public non-profit agency that serves an eight county region including Chester, Decatur, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, McNairy and Madison counties...read more